Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 01:13:29 -0800
To add my 2 cents worth to the 'No more ferrets to be displayed or sold at
our show' discussion.

I would not drive any distance to a ferret show that did not have ferret
displays on-site.

If I were local, ok.  Same scenario...'The Yahoo City Gun show will be held
this weekend.  We will have judging on antique guns, and custom guns, plus
separate judging for handguns, shotguns, black powder guns, and rifles.
BTW..no guns will be allowed to be displayed or sold at the show.' Now...I
use guns as an example because guns are big business in traveling shows.
(We also get big antique shows that follow the same format.)

I love ferrets and I would go to see ferrets..not just show ferrets, but to
see what different breeders might have..or various shelters that might put
in an appearance.  THAT is why I would go.

I guess because of the density of population in New Jersey, it would be no
big loss, but..if that policy were enacted in the West where it is 500 miles
between major cities, well...I don't think the show would be enough of a
success to warranty having a second one.

Good luck LOS-NJ.  I feel you are making a bad decision for your group.

Joe (MC, the rude one.)