From:
Ingrid Lower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 2020 23:00:32 -0800
Hello all,

I wanted to share this story with you.  I went on a trip to Kanab, Utah
last month and before I went, the usual dilemma is who is going to watch
the furchildren for me.  I was going to call a woman in town who will
watch animals and take care of the house too but then I mentioned it to
my mother-in-law and to my surprise/horror she insisted on watching them.
All 6 ferts and 3 cats.

So I thought, ok, I will let her.  Though I know she is not nuts about the
ferts but she loves the cats.  And I do watch their house for them a lot
and keep the pool clear and not green.  (ok, once it turned green but they
don't know about that)

I gave her all the instructions on what to do and gave her the vets number
and told her to call CJ of 24 Carat Ferret Shelter and Rescue if anything
happened.  She told me she would NOT let them out of their room.  That she
was afraid she would never catch them again or they would escape and all
other types of catastrophes.  Ok, they do have their own room and should
be fine.

So I left and drove to Utah and came back a week later.  Had a great time.
Saw old friends.  Spent too much money.

To my joy, she had a ball with those ferts. She let them out everyday and
sat and watched them play. Now I asked what changed her mind and she said
its hard to clean their litter boxes and clean the room with them in there.
She would sweep up and they would weasel war dance it all over the place
again. So she HAD to let them out.

But one day, she came up to the house and one fert would not wake up!!  She
panicked and called my father-in-law and told him to hurry and run up to
the house.  He looked and said yes, it looks dead.  Now what do we do??
How do we tell Ingrid?  She was about to call CJ and then......... the
fert stretched and yawned.  They both sighed with relief.

I thought the whole thing was funny and I have bonded a little more with
my inlaws.

Ingrid