From:
Denis&Edith Dubois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 18:41:58 -0800
With all the talk lately about ferrets not liking to climb over the high
side of a little box, somebody here must be confused.

Havoc has always refused to use a litter box no matter where it was placed
or what was in it.  So we finally developped a mutual agreement that he
would go on newspaper beside the box.

I have since made the discovery that he has on occasion used my laundery
basket!  The first time I caught him I just assumed that he was playing in
the basket of clothes, that was until I was him stand with his front legs up
on the side of the basket with that certain expression as he paused for a
moment.  I thought, no...couldn't be, he who won't use a litter box why on
earth would he pee in my laundry basket?  After he hopped out and continued
with his little play fest.  Not believing what I thought I might have
witnessed I checked it out.  Sure enough there was a nice little warm wet
spot.  Fortunately this was the dirty laundry.  Since then I have found
little yellow puddles in an empty laundry basket three times.

Maybe we should have gotten him his own laundry basket for Christmas instead
of a bunch of toys that he hardly plays with:)

Edith & co.
 (Whidbey & Havoc,
   Orca & Juno)