From:
"Anna M. Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 1996 00:16:04 -0600
Jim Mors-Ferrets and computers: I really DO think ferrets are smarter than
we give them credit for.  The other day, K-Nack crawled onto the computer
desk and raced across the keyboard.  No big deal, you say?  Well, the next
thing I know, I hear the computer line dialing out!  To the INTERNET!  My
husband tries to say that I must have had the dial out icon highlighted, but
_I_ know better!!

Joe Chevere-ferret insurance: Okay, this isn't really INSURANCE but it is
something...  Jonathan and I just joined up with a pet club service.  You
pay x amount of money and get all these millions of rebates and coupons.
When I save up enough receipts for food and the like, I send them in and get
a rebate check.  It looks like they average a rebate of about 7-10% for
food, vaccinations, meds, accessories and the like.  They also give you tons
of coupons (but I don't use any of the products they have coupons for).
Anyway, with five dogs, two cats and six ferrets (though two of the six are
going back to their real mommy who can take them now), I think we'll be able
to pay off the cost of the service and make a little back.  We'll see...
this is our first year.  If anyone is interested in this, email me and I'll
give you the information.  I don't have it all in front of me else I'd give
you the number now.

Stan Hurton-kits v. adults: When I had just Applejuice who was a little over
a year old, and introduced Possum, also just over a year, Applejuice became
possessed by Satan. I think I saw her spit pea soup and her head rotated
twice! She was SOOOOO mean to Possum. After a few weeks, she eventually
stopped beating Possum up. Then, months later, I introduced Beckett, who was
about eight weeks old. I prepared myself for much of the same, but both
ferrets reacted just fine. The worse they did was lick him so much he ran
away from them. I thought maybe they were just used to having other ferrets
around, but now I think I'm wrong. When Mirah and Eleanor came to visit
while their human dad went to England, Applejuice got mean again! I think
they don't feel threatened by kits, but adult ferrets have to be put in
their place. I should point out that all the rest of Applejuice's sibs were
introduced when they were kits. Mirah and Eleanor were about two years old.

ferrets v. puppies: Would someone please tell me how to explain to a seven
week old puppy who already weighs nine pounds that he is NOT a ferret and
the reason he can't climb the ramp inside the cage is b/c he shouldn't be
inside the cage in the first place! What am I going to do when he outgrows
the size of the cage door?!

Anna