From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 05:27:15 EST
Greetings all . .

Well, this evening I had to run to the pet store to pick up food for the
kids.  Whenever I go I normally take time to play and socialize with the
ferts.  Ya can tell that you do this too much when the manager just hands
you the keys and laughingly cautions "I know how many are in there!".
<sigh......>

I'm certain most of us have done it at one time or another.  Start looking
at the kids and reminisce about a fuzzy no longer with us.  Something about
one will remind us of a part of us missing.  Maybe it will be the way one
jumps, or plays, or just looks.  I'll do this and think about Rascal,
Socks, Furrice, or the others and start getting misty eyed.

I opened the pen and started to dook around with the kits there.  Quite a
few of them in a pile.  But there, at the bottom of the pile ....  I saw
a ghost.  Muttley.  Now, I know it wasn't Muttley.  But to see the markings
on this fert, the coloring, the blotch pattern on the top of the white
head.  The kit jumped into my hands without any prompting.  I brought him
close to my face and was rewarded with warm fuzzy kisses.  I was crying by
this time.

The manager came over and said that when she first saw this fert she
thought of me.  She remembered how I reacted when I first saw Muttley.
Even she remembered Muttley and remarked about the unusual resemblence.
She said she had thought about calling me to tell me about him.

Yes, I wanted him.  But money is tight.  Having some problems with my
vehicle, I knew I should spend the money on a new radiator.  But, I just
couldn't let him go.  The manager must have seen what I was going through.
She gave me just about every discount she could.  Even allowed me the use
of a carrier to bring him home.

His disposition and reactions are very much like Muttley.  Heck, he even
sleeps like the goof-ball.  Haven't really come up with a name just yet.
I may end up calling him 'Patch' for the mottled patches on his head.

Oh, the radiator ?  Well, replaced the thermostat and put some stop leak in
it.  It should hold till next payday !

Warm Fuzzies !!!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~ ~Cinna~Racer~
Mist the Kat
Guardian Fur-Angels -
~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~Little Boy~
Missing our friends - Kimo the Sumo Cat (and Honorary Fert) and fellow
ferts ~Petey~, ~Nibbler~, ~Max~, ~Romeo~, ~Bandit~, and the other ~Romeo~
Saying "Hey!" to ~Pandora~, ~Noser~ and the rest of the Tennessee Brat
Pack !!
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                  http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
KRITTER KREW - http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html

Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.