Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 11:10:00 -0400
I would like to give some info to the person that wrote about the
Argentinian Ferret.  I had a ferret while living in El Salvador.  Of course
the vets there had no idea of what a ferret was or what kind of vaccinations
they needed.  What I did was find out through a vet in the U.S. the name of
the vaccine used on ferrets and the dosage and all the details, had them
faxed the info to the vet in El Salvador and had them special order it to
the manufacturer.  Of course I had to pay the shipping and the cost of the
vaccine.  I couldn't order it myself, but if you find a nice vet willing to
work for you, go throught the trouble with Customs, and gain knowledge about
the mustelids, it is worth the effort.

I am sure you will be taking big steps for the ferret community in Buenos
Aires.

Buena Suerte
(Good Luck)