From:
Wes Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 10:35:14 -0800
First, may I get on my soap box just a little?  The last few FML's have had
various comments about how to get through CA's checkpoints without getting
caught.  The more I read these the more upset I become.

Now I agree that confiscating Ferts is silly, what I am commenting on is the
attitude that "It doesn't apply to me." The comment that finally got me to
respond was the one about transporting plants and such from a Medfly area.
It shouldn't have to be said that these check points are set up _precisely_
because of that attitude!  If those responsible for controlling the spread
of disease and infestations could count on the co-operation of the public
they could avoid a lot of the hassles that we now have to put up with.  Gee
could this be part of the reason we have difficulty controlling the spread
of same?

Ahem.  Sorry, but few things get to me as quickly as the NIMBY attitude.

Back to Ferts.

RE: drinking their own urine.  Is it possible that the fert has high blood
sugar and it is sweet?  If so, could this be an indicator?

RE: Ferret math.  My wife and I will be traveling through Oregon City, Or.
the weekend of the 18th of March.  I believe that is where the OFA resides
or has a shelter.  I am considering a partner for a possibly lonely Rascal,
though I spend as much time as possible with her.  We will be traveling from
Eastern WA to Southern Or.  Soooo I'm wanting to here about potential
adoptees anywhere along that route.  Ideally it would be a female,
personable, and in the 3-4 year age range.

Since my wife does not share my enthusiasm for ferts, the budget for same
will be limited.  ;-) If you have something that will fill the bill contact
me at:

Thanks in advance.  Sorry about the ranting, but something hit my hot
button.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THOSE CELEBRATING FERT FREEDOM DAY!!

WW from WW