Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:43:45 EDT
I truly believe that God put ferrets and FML into my life.  You have
written back so quickly on the flea problem.  I get those dumb tears
welling up just looking at all the different messages from people who
care.  What a Godsend you are..!

Concerning corncob litter written in the post: I asked Mary from FAIR if
she wanted to try any.  She said she already had.  It does not absorb odors
very well AND she says it decomposes quickly.  It melted several of her
garbage bags.  Shelters out there can always contact her via phone or mail
to discuss this if wished.  Just don't want a shelter wasting money and
having a mess on their hands.

Mary from FAIR will need volunteers to man the booths for THE GREATEST
FERRET SHOW ON EARTH in Oct.  at the Dupage County fair grounds.  Anyone
in the area that is serious and dependable--please contact Mary at
1-630-968-8142.

A big thank you to Kat and all of you who wrote to Hotdish.  I am ashamed I
did not do so.  I did not read what the problem was until recently as I am
now usually in a hurry reading FML for various reasons.  Kat is like our
ferret ambassador to me.  So are many others of you with hearts or ferret
gold.  Come back soon Hotdish.!

I enjoyed reading about the true meaning of Halloween this morning and of
course am struck anew at our different lives, values, and beliefs.  What a
truly lovely and Erie and mystical yet earthy and serious thing Halloween
is meant to be.  Maybe Modern Ferret could educate us next year on this
subject and show pictures of ferrets hiding food for the spirits.!!!!
Heaven knows they are good at hiding food.  I love that idea!!!  It is
educational and charming.

Lisette