From:
Russ Latham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 12:06:09 EDT
I broke my ferret Sandy of the biting problem in a way that some may
finding disturbing.  However, I assure it was "in no way, hurtful or
harmful to her" as I love and spoil her very much, but it worked.  As I
wrote in the story I submitted, my neighbor gave the ferret due to her
biting his 6 month old baby.  She really did have a problem with biting
and being a novice ferret owner at the time I really didn't know what to
do.  I was sitting on my couch one evening givi'n my Sandy lovin's.  She
was giving me kisses and all of a sudden she latched on to my bottom lip
with her teeth and would not let go.  "Hurt, you better believe it hurt."
I finally pulled her off of my lip, looked her straight in the eyes and
proceeded to put half of her head in my mouth as if I were going to bite
her back.  I know this may sound cruel to some, but I assure you, I DID
NOT bite her.  I only showed her what could happen when she bites.  She has
NOT bitten since that day, which was almost 4 yrs ago.  She gives me, or
anyone, kisses all the time and never ever bites.  The method sounds worse
than what it really is, but it worked.

Russ & Sandy (I don't bite no mo)