From:
Debbie Saunders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 2009 22:54:20 -0400
What are words but letters strung together to make some form of
understanding between beings. Some connections don't need words to
communicate. Some words don't need to be formed. Like "cancer" &
"terminal". Some feelings don't need explanation, like "love" & "loss".

" 'Tis better to have love and lost than never to have loved at all."
How strongly those words by Tennyson ring in my mind as it & my heart
try to come to grips with the very recent passing of my Iggy Pop. He
was my "that one" each ferret owner has that seems to be just a tad
bit more special, closer to them.

Now he is gone. My precious champagne boy. Taken from me by that damn
"C" word. So very fast. Too fast. I couldn't be with him as he made his
journey. The Doc tried to comfort me with more words like "humane",
"painless", & "sleep".

I struggle with other words now as I try to deal with my deepening
sadness. Do they make sense? I feel... numb. An odd feeling of
surrender seems to wash over me as I find myself sitting here staring
at this therapy in an electronic box. Many of you, most of you, and I
have never met face to face yet here we sit, separate but together
sharing these words. Can you feel my pain? I don't wish it upon you.
It hurts too much to bear. But we all have been here, some more times
than can, or should, be counted. And yes, with time this pain too shall
pass. "Understanding" is another word I am all to familiar with.

One word I will never get used to... "good-by".

RIP my Iggy Pop
11/2004~6/2009

Debbie