From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:46:34 -0700
sounds like proper care is being taken to control odors - I would say
to you, No, they should not live outside for several reasons.  The heat,
even if in shade, fleas, ticks and ear mites will be much more prevelent,
predators trying to break into the cage, and to be perfectly honest, it's
easy to forget to check on something as often as you should when they're
out of sight.  I would either work out an agreement with the folks or
entrust their care to someone else who can keep them indoors.  I'm not
trying to be harsh - but outside is not in the ferrets best interest.

I actually give the small size Greenie as opposed to he little chips -
they work on it for days.  I see it carried from bed to bed as it gets
smaller and smaller.

Jerri Carel
The Ferret Haven
Louisville, KY