From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 10:06:29 EDT
>But Judy, it is not because you have failed in any way.  You have done
>more than most, and if the rest of us followed your example, we might be
>that much closer to dealing effectively with ADV.
>In the meantime, you have given Lil Bear and the others, White Russian,
>Charmin' Charlie, Sampson, etc, all the love that they need, and I know
>they love your back.  That in itself is something to be proud of.

Ah Judy...when I read this last night, I was consumed with sadness that you
would even come close to feeling this way.  If it weren't for you and your
love and hard work, most of us probably wouldn't even know what ADV stands
for, much less what it is.  You have never ceased to amaze me with your
unending love for your beautiful babies and your strength for enduring the
pain associated with having ADV kids that you know will not be around for a
long time.  You should be most proud of yourself for your crusade.  You
cannot do it by yourself but your example encourages the rest of us to
learn as much as we can and hopefully thru that, will encourage more
donations.  You know, Judy, they still don't have a cure for cancer despite
billions of dollars spent on research.  Here, at least, we have some
researchers that are willing to do the work and have done some preliminary
work...i.e. the ELISA testing that uses saliva instead of inhumanely
clipping off toenails.  (try clipping one of your own off below the
quick...see how it feels!).  Unfortunately, as with most cures, it takes
too much time for those that have the disease.

Please Judy, hug yourself and remember what a loving wonderful person you
are for what you've already accomplished!

Barb and the 5 whirling dervishes...Gus, Zak, Hope, Bren and Kate

Please give to Aleutian Disease research...the ferret you save may be your
own!
http://www.geocities.com/russiansmom/index.html