From:
Shana Trepanier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 08:27:15 -0800
Hi to all of you on the FML.  I just started receiving the list about 4 days
ago and so this is my first time writing in.

My husband and I just purchased our first Ferret (who we have named Zues)
he is a 4.5 month old sable who I can honestly say chose us not the other
way around.  We will be bringing him home in about 2 weeks because at the
moment we are getting our home ready for our new baby and at the same time
we are bring the scent of our other animals to him (2 female adult cats & a
7 month old german sheppard x)and his scent back to them so that we won't
have major shock when we get him here.  Or so I hope.

I have several questions that I am hoping that some of you may be able to
help me with.

I guess the first one would be that Zeus doesn't seem to be a major biter
but will nip when over excited.  We have read several articles and all seem
to have different ways to deal with this .  Some tell you to flick the nose
while others say not to as this will induce aggressivness.  I guess I am
wondering if any of you have any suggestions as to the best method of
dealing with this?

The second one that I am wondering about is the whole food and snack idea.
He is on a top cat food at the moment but is Ferret food better?  and if so
what kind?

Also any heathy snack ideas that any of you wouldn't mind sharing would be
great also .

Thanks to all of you for this wonderful list and all the help that you give.

Licks and chuckles from Zeus
Many thanks from Shana