From:
Deva Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2010 09:55:51 -0800
The nice thing about kibble is that when you pour it into a bowl, it
just lies there. You can peacefully eat it at you pleasure. But LIVE
food? Yikes, who's going to kill it?

I am standing on top of the coffee table yealling, "Mouse!" Where are
the ferrets? They have climbed up onto my shoulders and are looking
down at the wild animal and screaming with me. 'You kill it Mommy."
Oh heck NO! I am not stepping down on the floor.

Who is going to kill, dress and bake that mouse? The only way I could
get my guys to see it as food is if I made a thick paste out of kibble
and shaped it like a stuffed mouse/turkey and served it warm. That they
would probably go for.

Is there a ferret McGyver School or a Rambo school of KILL out there?
How do you teach a ferret to run 'towards' a mouse, yet alone how to
kill and eat it? My guys would probably run from a dust-ball if they
saw one. The only thing they attack are sock toys (warm socks with
toes inside). We are a household of very brave souls--NOT!

Deva and her Fearful Wonders