From:
Betty Janner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:02:23 +0000
Hi Gang!

Just wanted to say a quick something about feeding those sick ferrets.  With
all those wonderful and caring ferret co-habitators out there nursing their
invalids I noticed that there is quite a bit of posting on Pedialyte, and
various other medicines.  If your wee one is sick and won't go for any of
the usual remedies, keep in mind that eating ANYTHING (within reason) is
better than nothing at all.  Offer a few choices and let them decide what
they want to eat.  It keeps the weight up, keeps you happy and helps them
recover.  This is of course on the okay of your vet, the condition of your
pet (is he diabetic, etc) mixed with some good old fashion common sense.

And just a quick update on Tinder, my kidney failing baby.  It's week seven
of the six week deadline (absolutely no pun intended) and she's still
hanging in there.  Appetite is good and she still poops and pees quite
regularily.  I find it hard watching her knowing I could only have mere
hours with her.  I watch her closely to see if she is in distress forcing me
to make the unthinkable decision.  I will make it when I have to but for the
most part she is taking that decision from me with her determined will to
live.  Each day longer sends me into a phase of new hope.  But I know I am
only kidding myself.

At this point I'm asking for your support to help me through this.  I don't
know what to do anymore.

Betty with a heavy heart and her unconditional love monsters