From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:44:29 -0400
I would just like to get your opinion on this.

About two years ago one of my ferrets died rather mysteriously and
quickly, within one month.  She developed rear hind weakness and
eventually a lump(?) the size of a golf ball on the top of her head.  By
that time she was in so much pain and I was told she would die w/in two
weeks that she had to be euthanized.  By my own choice I agreed to send
her lifeless body to a ferret expert so that he/she could necropsy her.
This was very hard for me to do because, well i'm sure a lot of ferret
owners can imagine the reasons.  But as hard as it was I needed to know
what killed her.  Additionally I trusted the individual that she was
being sent to.  I also felt that by donating her some research could be
done and this would also possibly benefit other ferrets.

I thought that she was going to a professional, a person that I knew and
trusted.  It has now been atleast two years and several request for the
results and still no answer.

I started asking why another ferret lover would do this?  I have now
stopped asking.  There could be so many reason, we all have personal,
family, work & etc.  problems.  Am I being unreasonable to ask for these
results after this long?  This is becoming very difficult for me to think
of and share with everyone.  But how can I rest until I know why and what
she went through, after all she was my baby.  Bless you my little Martini,
you'll always be in my heart.

I just need closure.

Waiting on closure in MA.

[LC]