From:
Kym Zorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:37:00 -0500
Hello ,

I posted earlier this week about an upper respiratory virus plaguing our
household.  I believe it's finally running its course.  We are still
running a warm mist vaporizer to soothe inflamed ferret throats.  Next
thing is to place a humidifier which we can set to optimal humidity to
ensure their comfort throughout the winter.  My husband and I just got
one for our bedroom and can't believe how much better we sleep.  The
ferrets got one today.

Thanksgiving was incredible - very warm, happy, and relaxed.  All of our
animals basked in the abject attention of fourteen captive human souls,
completely at their beck and call.  My ninety-four year old grandmother
refused to eat until she had seen "the weasels." The ferrets were utterly
run ragged by hoards of friendly fingers and toes waiting to play ,
chortling and dooking as they sniffed and searched everyone in Weasel
Assessment Mode.  Folks and ferrets hit it off splendidly, even the
shyest most reticeint of either species.  During the human banquet ,
pureed turkey was served, to the delight of Those Whom Are Furred.

What great joy - all sixteen, at present, ferrets; four cats, and two
frogs, and last, ( and loved all the more for the sixteen ferrets, four
cats, and two frogs) , my husband.  We're pushed to the hilt often enough ,
but somehow, this household works and thrives.  No creature here goes
without love.  Somehow this includes the most intractable , obnoxious, and
taxing one of all , named Kym, one not covered in fuzz or possessed of a
meltingly cute disposition.  Hmmm....

Happy Thanksgiving.

All the best,

Kym Zorn Long
Wayward Weasel

P.S. Can't stress this enough !!!!!  The holidays often entail temporary
furniture moves and unfamiliar guests.  I was lucky that our ferrets have
adequate , safe housing and that our guests are all accustomed to our
ferrets and vice versa.  We restricted visits to a seperate, completely
checked "ferret room.  " Remember to be extra-vigilant as many friends may
be captivated be your ferrets, while the ferrets see this as an opportunity
to take off and explore, possibly with tragic outcomes.  Be extremely
dilligent, and watch carefully.  Better overprotective than grieving .