From:
nikie dover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:12:33 -0700
Hi everyone, I've been seeing alot of debate on the difference between
female and male ferrets lately, so I thought I would toss in my two sense,
in my opinion the difference is the males are generally bigger, and I would
stop there, I think it would be fairly dangerous to generalize one gender
to be better behaved or more affectionate to someone who has never had a
ferret, they may take one based on the fact that they think because it is a
female or male it is a better pet somehow and not be expecting or happy
with what they get.  I have both males and females, one of my males is very
loveable, but so is one of my girls who was notorious at the shelter for
being a bitter!  And in response to the lady that said today the females
get in less trouble HA Maybe I should lend her my girls for a while and see
if that opinion changes.  All in all I guess what I'm trying to say is
There are differences between individual ferrets and personalities, but I
don't see a big difference between them just because of the gender.  so
pick your pet because it is the ferret that steals your heart when you
look at it and don't rule out 1/2 of the ferret population just because of
gender.

Dooks to all
Nikie, Max, odie,
 Chole&Daisy