From:
Donald Dittman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 20:09:20 -0700
Just a short note to my friends on the FML to let all of you know that
Lillian left us last night.  She has been very ill since her two strokes
but still enjoyed cuddling, special treats, and sleeping curled up with her
best buddy, Sylvia.  The last two days she quit eating except what I force
fed her.  Even her last day she insisted on scrabbling to the litter box
though.  God love her, she was my first and sweetest ferret.  As my niece
called her "the queen of all ferrets".  She was cradled in my arms as the
shot took effect and it was a painless procedure for her even though it
broke my heart.

Laurel and her sad buddies