From:
Ronnie DiComo and Possum Prints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 1996 18:23:46 EST
>The HSUS and their buddies PeTA do not like domestic animals.  Now that
>they put Ferrets in the domestic category that means they want to see
>them extinct

I think this over-simplification calls for a reply.  While I do not agree
completely with HSUS' stand on ferrets, to say that HSUS and PETA do not
like domestic animals is ridiculous.  Both groups have done more to help
domestic animals than most of us will do in a lifetime.  I do not think the
FML is the place to air personal grievances.  I think commenting on HSUS
policy on ferrets is one thing, but to make generalizations like this does
not belong on this list.  I do not speak for either group but I don't like
to see such ridiculous accusations either.

--Ronnie DiComo

[Moderator's note: Yes, please keep HSUS discussion to ferrets, and even
then, this thread is getting a little tired.  BIG]