From:
Rick Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 15:00:03 -0600
I just received a certified letter from the United Ferret Organization INC.
in Massachusetts.  So now I know that there is still an active United Ferret
Organization INC.  in the state of Massachusetts.  The letter from the
President, Bruce Deane White goes on like this:
 --
It has been brought to our attention that you are knowingly and fraudulently
using the corporate name UNITED FERRET ORGANIZATION which was incorporated

The United Ferret Organization has been actively engaged in pursuing the
registering of ferrets, the education of ferret owners and the public at
large in the preservation of ferrets and the collection and distribution of
information in all matters regarding ferrets as outlined in our articles of
incorporation.

We have been notified by numerous members of our organization of your
blatant use of our legally registered corporate name while in complete
knowledge of our existence.  We have on file copies of your posted e-mail
notices and correspondence in which you readily admit that you are aware of
the United Ferret Organizatioin as an entity in the Commonwealth of
Massachusetts.

You will immediately cese and desist in any and all usage of the name United
Ferret Organization.  Any further use will result in our instituting legal
action without additional notification.  signed The United Ferret
Organization Bruce Deane White, President
  --
So I was worried at first.  I have had this organization named check.  You
must do that before you receive a business license in the state of Utah and

Actually, before I called them I tried to track down the United Ferret
Organization Inc.  In Assonet, Ma.  But they do not have a registered phone
number, nor does Bruce White.

After speaking with several attornies in the Sec of States office and the
corporations office.  This is what they told me.  Yes, in 1988 The United
Ferret Organization Inc. was registered.  They hold the rights to that name
in the state of Mass.  They do not own the rights to that name anywhere else
in the country unless they register that name there.  I legally cannot do
business in the state of Mass.

So for the people who have been telling me that they once heard of an
organization known as United Ferret Organization in Mass.  Yes, according
to this letter they do exisist.  I know that now, but as I have repeatedly
stated in all of my e-mails to the FML and private people, I am only
concerned with West of the Mississippi.  I do not want any members from
east of the Mississippi nor do I want anything from anyone east of the
Mississippi.

Now the last time I checked, Mass. is very east of the Mississippi.  So I
have not violated any laws.  To appease the United Ferret Organization Inc.
of Mass.  Any further mention of our United Ferret Organization will be
followed by -(excluding Massachusetts).

This is why I picked the name United, because soooo many ferret
organizations out there and so little is getting done.  United we stand,
divided we fall.  I dont want to control every club out there.  I just want
us all in Utah to get together and help or furry friends.

SO IN THE FUTURE, all ferret owners from Massachusetts cannot read or do
anything with us.  You must contact the United Ferret Organization Inc.

I appologize if we have caused any confusion to the state of Massachusetts
or members of that organization back east.  We are strictly out west and
like it here.  Any questions, comments or concerns can be addressed to our
e-mail [log in to unmask]

Thank you,
United Ferret Organization (excluding Massachusetts)