From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 08:15:10 PST
hi all!

It's Tuesday and I'm exhausted from a weekend all ferrets-all the time!
Bad weather and Keera's trip to the vet took away most of my Friday and I
never got too work (heehee..i didn't mind!) so I had four full days with my
furrbrats!  They didn't know what to do!  They went outside in the snow,
got a bigger (as thus far) better ricebox, hide-n-sneak, holding-time
galore!!  By last night, they were sick of it!!  :)

The vet saw keera on Friday.  He said her vulva was swollen, but he was
being conservative and saying we should do a blood panel test before going
in for surgery since we don't have hair loss.  Sounds like a good idea, but
I was trying to avoid the cost of testing and go straight to surgery if we
were sure about her...oh well...

Does anyone know where I can get info on the TN blood panel on the web?  I
remember finding it, but i was unable to print it at the time.  There was
info on the people who ran it, when, price, and norm results of bloodwork
found...i can't seem to find it now!

There is still discharge but he isn't putting her on anti's.  I asked him
if he felt it was necessary but he feels her problems aren't infection
related.  I don't know if i like that theory...anit's couldn't hurt could
they?

Another quesiton: surgery is the way to go right?  I mean, If keera has
adrenal problems, surgery is her best option.  From what I understand,
medicine won't get rid of them alone..  Also--how much should I be
expecting to pay for adrenal surgery in NY?  I've got to start adjusting
my savings now..(no new car this month!!)

Now..my random quesitons..

Does anybody have a ferret that DOESN'T like raisens?  Keera has never
liked them...and never will.  Although she goes nuts for grape juice (white
and reg)...

I want to teach her a few treats, but the only thing she comes running for
is her sqeaky toy and some ferretone...any suggestions on non-liquid
treats??

For those that have ferrets that roll over: how did you do it?  Hagas seems
to think that he needs to beg first, fall over, this initiates the roll and
then he lays there.  I don't think he thinks he is doing a trick--he is
just really uncoordinated!!

Hagas is really cute when he steals things.  But he steals EVERYTHING!!
Do we know what is it about this ferret behavior that makes them hide and
store things??

And what makes them so particular of what they steal?

I have noticed that keera is choosy and possesive but hagas has no
discrimination on what goes into the hideyhole!  I attributed it to his
lack of social grace and childhood spent in a garage.  Thinking he is very
very happy to have all this...but I doubt that is the reason!  Does anyone
have any answers??

I think I am going through withdrawal here at work--i'm gonna go hang in a
pet store during my lunch hour!!

Meagan in NY with the three furrbrats and one lookin' down on us..