From:
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 21:17:39 -0800
>From:    Derek & Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Vaccines at home
>I didn't go to my regular vet - who is an hour away - and a health
>certificate is so simple anybody can do one.  Anyhow, this vet told me
>that she couldn't list the distemper shots I gave the ferret on the health
>certificate.  She told me that unless given by a vet, the distemper shots
>are not recognized by any state....

We've shipped ferrets with me having given distemper shots.  The vet did
not list my vaccinations on his certificate.  I added my documentation
along with the heath certificate.  This was for the ferrets that flew for
their TV appearance in Florida.  The ferrets we shipped to Washington state
(Sheena) got distemper shots from vets.

We understand why a vet wouldn't sign for your vaccination but your papers
might be enough for the airline.

>From:    zen and the art of ferrets - bill and diane
>Subject: sos list...
>[Moderator's note: I checked with Judith and Ela on your behalf and was
>told an application was sent to you via email but not returned.

Judith has sent me a questionaire.  None was received previously.  Just a
note saying one would come.  Doesn't matter though whether one was sent
before.  One has gotten here now...  I'll fill it out asap...

-bill

--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets