From:
Leslie Giles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 1997 19:45:55 -0600
I just sent this out.....everyone, send your fax to support Kodo!

Dear Governor Engler,

Please help save ferret Kodo.  State employees are misusing their authority
and have ordered Kodo's death.  Kodo did not actually bite anyone, is
up-to-date on rabies vaccinations, and by now would most likely be dead if
he had rabies.  This testing is unnecessary and I'm sure you and the judge
have been forwarded the facts with this information by the Jacobs.

Please contact Mary Strobierski, MD and Mike Chaddock, State vet and stop
this senseless death.  I understand that unless something happens by Friday
afternoon, Kodo's head will be chopped off and sent for testing.  This is
not necessary or humane!

Ferret friends from all over the world are looking on and hoping that you
will intervene and stop this senseless killing of a beloved pet of one of
your constituents.  We will all be in your debt.

Sincerely,

Leslie Giles
Utah
801-763-0427