From:
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 22:55:14 -0400
It's been a crazy few weeks!  I haven't had time to write cuz i've been
following my mommie around in all that she has been doing.

On September 28th, the shelter was at a pet show in Mississauga.  At the
pet show, many of the volunteers were attracted to a pet shop ferret that
was on display.  Many of them cuddled and kissed him, including mommie -
sheesh, she should know better!  Anyhoo, the shelter now has a virus.
They originally thought it was ECE until an electron microscope found the
rotavirus.  Many notes on the internet says that the rotavirus goes away
in a few days, but the shelter still has some pretty sick kids on their
hands!  Please keep the kids in your thoughts.

At this same show, mommie grew balls enough to hold a HUGE tarantula!
Ok, so she sweat bullets and cried as the spider was placed into her
hands, but she did it!!!  Has it cured her fear of the creepy crawlies???
NOPE!  Not a chance!

Mommie was lucky enough to go to the symposium in Atlanta.  She was happy
to be with my aunties Lynn & Renee and had the pleasure of rooming with
auntie Lynn!  While she was there, she met and formed wonderful
friendships with many of her heroes.  One of her heroes, who she has
met on several occasions was Judy, White Russian's mom.  He's here with
me now and wants to tell her what he's been up to.

"mom, i love you so much and wanted you to know that no matter what, i am
always with you.  just close your eyes and think of me, and i will be
there.  you will ALWAYS be my mom, even though i am not there in a
physical body to be with you.  You will always be remembered as being my
mom, never doubt that.  your work is not finished on earth and you still
have much to accomplish.  i am so proud of everyone who helped with the
In memory quilt.  i understand well over $1800 was raised in my memory to
go to ADV research.  As for me, i am doing VERY well.  The "Bug" and i
hang out a lot.  We've become good friends and totally watch over you and
Randy.  we've been known to chase the girlie ferts around the Tone pool
when we've had a wee bit too much to drink.  I'm a little more suave than
Harley so i seem to end up with most of the chicks!  adnh0q87r.  h4 HEY!
Harley!!!jhwouy pq0[yqj"

nuff said, i'm taking over the computer...i'm the one with the chicks!!!!
like i was saying, mommie had a great time with everyone at the
symposium.  What she will remember most is the quality time she got to
spend with Aunties, Lynn, Renee, Karen and the special time she spent
with Auntie Judith and her daughter Rebecca.  I could go on and on here
with all the names of people she would wish me to mention, but i would
take up the entire FML.  She was very impressed with everyone she met
and enjoyed every moment she could spend with them.

She was a little worried about a ferret named Devil.  She hopes his
shelter mommies are able to find him a good home and proper care.  He was
just too cute for words!  It was nice to see so many people offering to
take the little guy home with them!  I hope they have found a forever
home for him by now.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!  We all have a lot to be
thankful for even if we don't see it all the time.

Love, Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society
"For The Love of Our Fuzzy Friends"
www.ferretaid.org