From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:04:14 EST
>Don't forget to wait at vet's office When you take your ferret into the
>vet's office for his shots (Rabies & Distemper), do not leave for at least
>1/2 hour.  I just got back from the hospital where my precious Jake is
>recovering from a reaction to his vaccinations.

That's a very good reminder, but I'd like to add one additional reminder,
don't let your vet give the rabies and distemper vaccines together.  The
maker of the rabies vaccine, Rhone Merieux, recommends at least a two week
waiting period be allowed between the vaccinations.  They believe that not
only does this decrease the possibility of a reaction, but if one occurs
you will know which one was responsible.

Dick B.