From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 17:49:35 -0700
Ok, Linda, I am posting!

The update on Phoenix's test for blood on his fur,  I have not yet found
a lab willing to do the testing.  But I haven't given up yet.  I am open
for suggestions.  Either I am not speaking English, or none of the labs
or schools I have contacted want my money.

Speaking of money, the "Shelter Bucks" is a great surprise when I get home.
The funds are being put into a "cookie" jar to be used for the tests on
Phoenix's fur when I find a lab.

Last year a wild mink, Kahlua, came into my shelter.  At first I hoped she
would tame down, but nothing doing.  She kept her wild attitude.  She was
recently released into a State Park, after being tagged to keep track of
her.  They were to be able to release a healthy, non socialized female.
She found a mate, and is doing what wild mink to naturally.  The wildlife
people that track the mink colony keep me posted.  They hope she has a
litter of babies just like her, attitude and all, that will keep them going.

Another mink - steel grey - came into the shelter, her name is Smokey.  Her
canines have been cut, and is timid.  Not a candidate for release.

She is currently, co habitating with Sidney (former women hater ferret).
They play, wrestle, and act like two ferrets.  Except one likes to swim.
Smokey the mink dooks, and weasel war dances.  Now if she would just get to
be a cuddler like Sidney.  She watches when he is played with, handled and
cuddled, and you can tell she wants to be in on it too.  She is just too
timid right now.  So maybe some day.

And that is it for the updates!  Hey Linda - happy now? <g>

Phoenix (I stole a brand new roll of toilet paper and hid it!  It was
the last one - now mom has to go shopping!)
Jean & The Zoo Crew