From:
"Melissa A. Durfee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 23:34:58 -0800
Hello everyone,

We are again having problems with our little Seymore.  He was on
Chloramphenicol for a possible infection and has moved on to Nizoral to
clear out any yeast in his gut since his poops are still intermittently
watery/seedy.

I'm writing because over the last couple of months he has developed a
curious "marking" behavior.  He drags himself over the edges of certain
items, mostly litter pans, chair wheels, and shoes, depositing small
amounts of urine.  He has never done this before.

He is also extremely itchy all the time.  We've treated all the ferrets for
mites and he has also been sprayed with a special ferret-safe moisturizing
spray but nothing seems to help him.

What could be the problem?  I read in the FAQ that itching and marking are
both related to adrenal disease but is there anything else it could be?  He
has not shown any mating behavior.

I can't even think about the "a" word.  Seymore is not even two years old
yet.

If you have any ideas please cc them to me as well as posting them; I have
not had time to read the Digest in a couple of weeks.

-mel

P.S.  To anyone who has written to me and not received a response: my
apologies.  The words "Your mail has been sent" apparently has a different
meaning to the people at Netaddress than it does for the rest of the world.
Yahoo is more reliable so please write to me there.