From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 15:12:37 -0400
The 6 ferrets were obtained and transported to Ferret Wise on Thursday.
A quick stop at the vets to arrange ADV tests Friday was done.  The
convenience of this group was the fact we had secured the shelter for a
90 day retest- so they will fit in fine with the testing sequence- All
are being held and restricted to exercise in the treatment room at the
shelter - smaller but adequate.

On Friday after a night in new accommodations they all met their new vet.
The trio of MF kids Fat Rat , Skippy & Skipper all range in age from 4-6
years.  All have a good coat - good appetite , good stools and appear
better than average for kids their age.  Sad circumstances led them to
need placement and the owner had no funds for spay / neuter as he was
about to lose his home.

We have them currently in a 3 story condo and report they are immacculate
in litter box habits!  ( hard to imagine as all ferrets had piles of
excrement in their former cages and bare wire floors where they dropped
stools through several floor levels..) a single hammock completed the
bare accommodations upon arrival.

Next is Starlight a 3 year approx albino jill who was just cycled out of
estrus we are holding her on "watch" for the next 6 weeks - her litter
box habits could be improved!

Midnight is the senior lady a intact 7 year old jill- beautiful but
unfortunately they were still trying to breed her - unsuccessfully) she
has an anemic condition- and was scheduled for immediate spay on this
coming Tues AM- She needs your thoughts & prayers we suspect ovarian
cancer...

The single 3 year old male - will be retired from stud service shortly -
and has a loving home awaiting - if we prove these ferrets be ADV
negative.

The ADV test results are expected on Wednesday-- but we ask for special
prayers for Midnight as we know this will be a rough procedure with
guarded outcome.  She is a cute and bright gal who deserves to live a
stress free life for whatever time we can give her.  Please feel free
to frequent our ebay auctions at :
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll
?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=ferret+wise

all proceeds help the veterinary and shelter fund at Ferret Wise

Thanks for keeping our kids in your thoughts and prayers

Alicia
a shelter Mom at Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org

Help a ferret - VOLUNTEER- at your local ferret shelter-- ASK how you
can HELP!