Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 21:24:57 EDT
I was trying to get to work this morning-putting on my third pair of half
nylons.  The little one pound four ounce girl ferret I took in a month ago
attacks my legs, ankles, and toes, and bites and rips holes through my
nylons before I can grab her.  Comes out of nowhere.  Like a little rocket.

I am thinking of calling her Bitsey-since she has bitten me so often, and
is so teeny-tiny, Bitsey-witsey in size.  The little she devil leaped a few
feet in the air from the couch onto a neighbors' thigh yesterday.  Startled
the poor woman into emitting quite a shriek.  Don't think she will be
visiting again--ever.  I really don't.  And she has already learned from
Sunny Rhino Mudd how to get into the garbage.  No.Not my neighbor. :-)

As I leaned over to pick her off my nylons this morning, I saw in broad
daylight, one of the opossums I feed slowly lug her body along my porch.
She stopped, heaved, and dropped out a baby onto the porch floor.  She then
waddled into the home for wayward animals I built a foot or so away.  She
had her tail hanging out when I left for work.  Now she is all curled up
and looks dead.  The naked baby is still laying here.

I have put out food and water as always.  But my feral cat is making the
most horrid noises.  He wants out.  He gets out-every night.  He is not
accepting this at all, and it is very ugly here.  He simply cannot go out
and sit on top of the house that is holding the opossum.  I do not know
what would happen.

I have made arrangements with a vet to pick up a sedative for the cat
tomorrow to keep it from becoming violent-I hope.

To add to the day, I have done something to my foot.  No idea what.  Had
to leave work 3 hours early.  Ice packing it until I see the chiropractor.
But it hurts like the dickens.

So here I am, dead baby on the doorstep.  New opossum mother-possibly dead-
a few feet from the door, a caterwauling wild angry feral cat in the
kitchen, and ferrets trying to drag away my ice packs on my ankle.

For years, I used to think that unpleasant issues arising were just flukes
in my life and would go away.  I must have the worst luck in the world, I
would think.  Now I realize that this is all just a part of life.Life is
NOT easy.

Now there is some kind of moaning noise.  The little girl cat who never
goes out is becoming unhinged over something.

I think that it is going to be a VERY long night.
Lisette