From:
"K. Sherman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 1996 20:34:25 EST
To Kathleen and her fireplace favoring ferrets:
Our ferrets loved to play in the fireplace of our old house.  (The new house
fireplace too for that matter...but since IVAN!  fell into the cleanout
*pit* underneath it, we tied the glass doors on it shut.) When the ferrets
and I stayed at the old house a couple of weeks ago, Trix kept playing in
the fireplace.  Even though we had cleaned it out before we moved, she still
managed to end up completely and solidly grey.  The soot was spread so
evenly that it looked like a natural color!  It was kinda neat having a grey
ferret with pink eyes!  ;)

This is not the first time she's done this, nor the first medium she's
used...dirt and grease work well too!  I think if Trix had her way there'd
be commercial ferret fur dye available.

Anyhow, none of our ferrets seemed to have fear of fire initially...each of
them HAD to get close enough to singe their wiskers before they learned that
the fireplace, when hot, is not the place to play!  (And don't worry, we
supervised them closely!)

To Brad:
Glad to hear you're back!  And at the old address again...isn't it wonderful
to be gainfully employed?  Don't forgot the club meeting next weekend - I'm
sure we'll be discussing the County Commission Meeting you mentioned in your
post.

The meeting is on Tuesday, February 13 at 5:30 in the Board Room at the
Government Center in Viera.  The local club is requesting that Brevard
County grant ferret owners a quarantine period if their ferret bites or
scratches someone.  Currently, the law is open to interpretation by each FL
County office and Brevard county has decided that ALL ferrets will be killed
and tested for rabies.  Regardless of their vaccination status!  So, all
central Florida FMLers, PLEASE come and support us.  You can even bring your
ferret!

Cute Story:
Last weekend, I went to an antique extravaganza with a fellow FMLer and
found an old dress-maker's form at one of the booths.  (A dress maker's form
is a headless mannequin that you adjust to match your body and use for
sewing clothes for yourself) All the ferrets gave it the usual once over
when I brought it and put in my bedroom and then never gave it a second
glance.

Yesterday morning when the ferrets and I were having our usual morning romp,
Trixie did the old *chomp...run* routine.  But when she turned back to show
me her teeth and dook at me, she caught sight of the form instead.  So she's
there dooking and dancing at the form while I sit across the room.  I
laughed so hard I thought I was gunna pee in my pants!  Especially when I
called to Trix and she realized her error!  You could just see the
humiliation in her eyes.

How can you tell I have ferrets?  How about by all the toys they leave
scattered about!  And all the baby gated doorways when I have no human baby!

Susie
Casper "Take me to go the meeting. I'm your best boy!"
Trix "I can't believe you told them that story, Mom!" *blush*
Binky "What's a meeting?"
IVAN! "Pick me up or I'll bite your knee" *chomp*