From:
Emily Topp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 22:30:35 -0400
Funny story - I am planning to adopt two little ones in August and am
fortunate enough to have a German engineer for a boyfriend.  He has
volunteered to build a really cool cage for them and has even recruited
his younger brother to help.

They are so excited about this project that I found out today they've
been making all sorts of grand plans!  He doesn't know anything about
ferrets (yet) and I made the mistake of telling him how my prior ferrets
all liked to swim in the bathtub and how funny it looked.  So today at
his parents' house he brought up the future ferrets and their cage and
started to describe this fantastic swimming area he's dreamed up for
them, with a basin and slides going into it,all as part of the cage!

He was so crushed when Mama put her foot down and said NO WAY could
there be a swimming pool inside the cage (the drowning, the cleaning,
auuuggghh!).  I tried to make him feel better by telling him he could
still build it as a supervised play place, but he was too depressed to
listen, LOL!

Emily and the-yet-to-be-adopted-Princesses