From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 10:13:58 -0400
Personally I think CA D&FG are so bent on keeping ferrets illegal for 2
major reasons:
(1) They went out on a limb against them with uninformed and stupid reasons
and now can't back down or they "lose face" and look <as> dumb <as the are>.
(2) It is much easier and certainly more dangerous to get involved in
bureacratic fights and stalk ferrets owners then deal with real criminals
(exotic animal smugglers, pit bull fight ringleaders etc.  who may have
guns) and wild animals that are really wild and dangerous.  I.E.  they are
COWARDS!  (Animal control in my old town was much the same way - call them
about a large potentially vicious stray dog and they'd make sure they didn't
show up till well after the dog was gone, or not at all.  Of course if your
pet got loose, wearing a collar and known by them to be gentle - well hey,
johnny on the spot with a ticket).

Just my HO
Mary, Boris and Giesela