From:
Paula Bryder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 1996 04:43:05 -0400
First, Paw-Paw, Thank you for your sensitivity and delicacy of feeling about
the Olympics - and the lovely British team as well.  The only international
event that draws our global village closer has been tarnished & it hurts us
all.  I cried about that bomb, and I cuddled my animals and my friends even
closer.  Part of loving ferrets the way we all do is seeing how universal
love can be.  Maybe we can share that somehow with the victims and their
families.I do know that our laughter and commitment to the fuzzbutt's
well-being lightens the load for all of us.  If the bomber had had love,
maybe he wouldn't have had to do what he did.

Bill Killian: Don't get discouraged.  People do what they do & sometimes
they have tantrums.  Whatever the 'group' dynamic is, we love our ferrets,
and that binds us together.  Anything can be negotiated between people of
good will & most of the folk here are that, I'm convinced.  I read Dayna
telling us about Foggy, and I feel the power we have in each of us to heal.
There's too much joy in the ferts to be sad about people for long - besides
they need us.

Herein endeth the reading of the word.....
Sammi, Sammi, psst...
Camille here - Ma started that leaky eye thang agin, so I took over the
pooter...Quick, afore she honks her nose & comes back here....

Conan's all sad & stuff.  He saw Smudge's propositional to you & he's sorry
he didn't tell how much he wants to luv with you & give you cuddles & kisses
& skootches and stuff like that.  He gots lots a raisins hid for ya, and he
knows how to get inside a Ma's Dookerware stuff lids and git you stuff she
hid for treats and he has a secret nest in Ma's big wooden condo in her room
that you can share if ya want so you & him can cuddle & stuff all night
long.  It's got everthin ya need except for a leegal place to poop, but the
corner ain't bad either.  When he figgered out you was a albino too, he just
knowed you were for him.  I know you don't got a close gull fert to talk
this over with, but I really think you should mawwy him.  He really loves
your sweet white self.

Besides, I really want to meet dat Foggy guy Ma's always tellin us bout.  I
know your sisfert thinks he's her sole-mate, but I'll love him & be his
feets for him and cuddle wiv him alla times coz I think he's wonderfert.

Pleez marivatate my brudder Conan, pleez, pleez, pleez...He's jus pinin away
(he's down to 3 lbs!) for you.  He's too shy to tell you himselfert, so I
did.  C'mon, C'mon, whaddya say, huh,????

Ooops - gotta go - here comes MA!
Anyway, BIG and fellow FML'ers, thanks you for sharing your ferrets with me
and letting mine come into your lives.  These magic, elfin creatures enrich
us all & that bond can't be broken.

Paula Bryder
Camille the Sweet (c'mon Ma, kiss me again, c'mon)
Conan the Large (please Ma, can't I marvy that Sammi fert, please, please)
Rikki the Calm (wedding? oh, ok, if that's whatcha want)
Cady the Dawg & Kelsey the Cat (Yawns)