From:
Z zzzzzzz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 06:20:36 PST
Victoria wrote:
But what can I do about Chewbacca and Kodo, (the baby) climbing up the side
of their cage.  My ferrets love their cage or I would remove it too.  That
is where they sleep and it is never locked so they come and go at will.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Yep!  When my guys' cage was located next to the bed, this wasn't a
problem, but now the cage is more isolated.  I put tall, smoothsided stuff
on top of the cage along the edges, so that while the ferrets can climb up
the sides, they can't get on top.  They can climb/slide down just fine.
Once they figured out that they couldn't go up there, they stopped trying
very much, although they still check it out once in a while, just to see if
anything's changed.  Your cage would have to have a flat top for this to
work.  Barring that, you could always build them a set of stairs to come
back down on :-)

Regina

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
Electra the Brujah's page:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

But mad love is religion enough for my heart...