From:
jdmonroe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 1998 17:15:01 -0400
Just had to share this.

A few days ago, we had to make the area behind the computer desk
ferret-safe; Gimble had figured out how to move the piece of wood we had
blocking it off.  Of course, this is just a perfect little ferret burrow,
and they both want to play back there.

Just one problem for Gyre.  I've got a box of printer paper in front of the
hole to make it a bit more of a challenge.  Gimble (who is long and lean
all over) jumps up onto the box and dives into the hole with no trouble.
Gyre (who is bottom-heavy, not fat, just shaped diffferently) can't make
the jump most of the time.  She tries to jump, slips, war dances in front
of the box, tries to jump, slips back, war dances... You get the idea.  She
is hilarious to watch!  She usually makes it eventually, but it takes a
while, and sometimes I take pity on her and help her up.

Juli Monroe