From:
Karen Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 08:52:49 -0400
I have 3 ferrets, the baby I got about a month ago.  When I first got
Tigger, Missy seemed to be depressed (I understand she was the baby) She
started having diarrhea and not eating.  She lost 7 ozs, and now only
weighs one pound.  The vets diagnosed her with liver damage and I was
feeding her with a baby syringe, and giving her medicine and Pedolyte.
During this time I took Tigger over to my brother's house, so that Missy
could get better.  I left Norm at my house so she wouldn't get depressed
her not to have him there.  She did really well and is doing so much
better.  Tigger is now at my house again, and she seems a little depressed
when he is there.  Will she get over this?  Also, how can I get her to gain
weight?  When you go to pet her back you can feel the bones.  Is there
anything besides ferret food and treats I can give her, like the Duck soup
I keep hearing about.  Also could I get a recipe of that, please?  I have
also noticed that my ferrets loke to drink Coke, they will knock over the
can and drink what was spilled out.  Is this bad?

Thank you,
Karen