From:
punchbug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 03:32:09 -0700
>From:    Sharon Wood <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: About taking them in Target and restaurants
>>About taking them in Target and restaurants.  They allowed this?  I'd
>>love to hear more info about allowing pets in businesses.

>AND the grocery stores.  I swear I really thought I would have been asked
>to leave or at least to not bring an animal in there,

I, too, take my ferrets with me to the grocery store, Wal*Mart and various
other stores in town.  Never once have I been asked to leave.  Mine travel
along in a WONDERFUL carry sack that I purchased at Ferret Fun Day, 1999
(Freedom Ferret Services, NH) from Alicia (FerretWise, MA).  I will
shamelessly tell you that this carry sack is the BEST!  One time in the
grocery store, I even passed a ferret over to the pharmacist who also had
ferrets!

Never been asked to leave Wal*Mart because of my fuzzbutts but... how is
THIS for stupid?  One time my daughter had just bought a Beanie Baby at a
shop down the street.  The Wal*Mart greeter stopped us and told us that we
couldn't bring in a BEANIE BABY!!  I told her that was ridiculous because
Wal*Mart doesn't even sell Beanie Babies!  I should have whipped out a
ferret and said, "But you'll let us bring in a FERRET, right??"

BTW, we've also taken my daughter's rat, Ruby, into Wal*Mart so she could
pick out her food and her toys!

Renee