From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 11:29:58 -0400
Melissa here...

RonnieD said:

>Dogs will eat sweet stuff, but I don't see cats going after bananas and
>apples and tangerines (dogs either for that matter).

Dunno about anyone else, but one of our cats eats anything we give to her
(she's pretending she's a ferret).  She LOVES sweet foods - even juices.
She also stands on her hind legs like a ferret, scuffles around under
bedcovers like a ferret, and scarfs Duck Soup like a ferret.  Well, maybe
that doesn't prove she thinks she's a ferret, but it's still cute.

Potpie finally seems to be getting the hint that this cat (the kitten,
actually) is for playing with - now every time they're out together, they
both chase each other around wildly.  It's great fun to watch, especially
since we've got hardwood floors and they've both figured out how to add
skidding into their attacks of one another.  Zoom!  Careen!  Ricochet!  A
favorite of Potpie's is to chase the kitten under the kitchen table while
galloping at top speed, which usually forces the kitten to run into a chair
leg, which slows her down enough for Potpie to get in a nip.  Then the
kitten whips around and chases Potpie through the bottom half of the
entertainment center, and there's a stand-off in front of the tv.  Woe to
the kitten if she tries a jump-from-above sneak attack - that gets Potpie
*really* riled up and kitten belly-fur usually flies.  Wah-hoo!

Potpie has a very cute method of begging.  She only begs in the kitchen, and
when she REALLY wants something she stands right at my feet and puts one paw
atop one of my feet, all the while staring up at me with one of those
irresistable ferret looks.  I don't know if she thinks she's holding me down
or just getting my attention, but it's ridiculously cute.

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters