From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jan 1995 10:50:18 -0500
Russ Hazzon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I [...] cannot locate a source for door latches or the molding that
> goes around the edges of the doors to protect the ferrets.

Door latches: We used a small binder clip, the kind with the square
     black clip, triangular cross-section, and silver handles.  Make
     the door one fence-grid larger than the opening, and clip it to
     the cage.  Turn the clip sideways (pointing along, not into, the
     cage) so the wire doesn't pop out when the door's pushed.

Molding: Our door opening is protected by report cover clips, those
     colored plastic edges you used to hold the clear covers onto your
     reports in high school.  They're attached with thin wire.  Other
     pointy edges we covered with narrow tubing, held on with duct or
     gaffer's tape.

- Pam in Rochester, NY  ([log in to unmask])
friend to Pixxel the door-opener and Rusty the contented sleeper
Ferret Central - http://www.ceas.rochester.edu:8080/ee/users/rhode/index.html
Ferret FAQ - "SEND ANSWERS PACKAGE FERRET" to [log in to unmask]