From:
"Tracy L. Tunnison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 22:41:21 -0400
Here is my obscure ferret reference (and it's pretty obscure!).  In
Michigan, there is a program called "The Practical Sportsman" hosted by Fred
Trost (it is a PBS show but is also picked up on satellite).  When ferrets
first became legal here, Fred hosted a ferret day at the Practical Sportsman
Museum just outside of Lansing.  I was there with a few of my best
ambassadors and the camera man, Matt, took several shots of me with my
Cooter on a leash.  The show was aired and people were coming out of the
woodwork calling me to say they had seen me and mine on TV.  Great press!!

Anyway, we later had a championship ferret show at the museum and GLFA
presented Fred with a pair of ferrets he named Mork and Mindy. He took them
with him everywhere and were shown shortly on most episodes. Also, everytime
they were advertising anything about ferrets, there was Cooter and me!! I
guess I should have asked for royalties:)!!

Pretty obscure, but hey, they're still ferrets on TV on a regular basis,
even if it's me and mine!!!!!

Tracy and Cooter (I'm ready for my close up, Mr. Trost!!!)