Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 12:59:26 -0500
I vaguely remember that when I first joined the list there were a few
listings mentioning books w/ ferrets in them. I'd like to tell you about
two I recently found.

The first is:

The Scent of Murder, by Barbara Block

I haven't read too much of this particular book, only the first couple of
pages.  (Just started it.)  The book is the fourth in a series of murder
mysteries featuring pet-store owner Robin Light.  From my limited-knowledge
ears like she either knows ferrets or researched them before including Mr.
Bones right from the first page.

The second is:

Riding for a Fall, by Lillian M. Roberts.

First mystery series featuring veterinarian, Andi Pauling.  The ferret
sighting is less than a page somewhere in the middle of the book.  A ferret
was brought in needing surgery.  What makes this particularly interesting
is that the clinic is located in Palm Springs, CA (as is the clinic of real
life veterinarian, Lillian Roberts.  Sounds like the legalization committee
has one veterinarian supporter...)

Hmm.  BIG, should we delete this last bit?  I'd hate to cause Ms. Roberts
any grief if her name got into the wrong hands...who knows, it might be
illegal to even write about ferrets in California!

Pat
Tess (Mom, will you get your nose out of that book already?)
Shiloh (It's okay if you read, as long as I can walk all over you while
        you do!)
Amadeus (Do I smell carrots? What do you mean I can't have any?)

[Moderator's note: It should be safe to leave her name in.  Vets in CA
aren't prosecuted for treating ferrets -- I'm glad CF&G doesn't control
the vet licenses too!  BIG]