From:
julie dwyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 12:19:39 EST
Hi everyone.  My name is Julie and I'm a biology major at Carleton U in
Ottawa Canada.  I got my first ferret last October and fell in deep love
with Floyd in the first 5 minutes.  I live with my ferrets and I have been
begging my Mom to allow me to get another one.  She always felt that 2
would be a lot of work.  Anyways, I finally got her to read the FML and 2
days ago she came up to my room and asked what we were going to call our
new ferret.

I'm so excited.  Even though I've got schoolwork galore, I've put it all
off until tomorrow.  We're going to get our new ferret tonight.  After all,
I'm going to need the whole night to watch the ferrets get to know one
another.

I called a bunch of pet stores to see if I could bring Floyd in to pick out
a new ferret to make sure they would get along.  Out of all the stores I
called only 1 would allow this.  People would tell me not to worry and that
all ferrets get along.  Well after reding the FML for 1 year, i knew
better.  Anyways I found one store that encouraged bringing Floyd in.

I sat Floyd on my lap this morning and gave him a little lecture.  I told
him that he would have to treat his new little brother/sister with respect
and not be bossy and territorial.  I promised he would still get as much
attention.  He promised to share his ferret tent for sleeping.  I'm sure he
will get along with the new addition even though he's 3 and has always been
an only child.

By the way in case anybody's wondering why I'm buying one from a pet store
it's because the Ottawa Ferret Association had 6 month waiting list to
adopt and I couldn't wait that long.

Instead of buying the textbooks I need for next semester, I'm spending the
200$ on my new friend (but my mom doesn't know that!).