From:
Pollitt's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:35:22 -0400
Hello Everyone!

OK- I'll admit it, I'm just a student, but when I got my copy of the school
paper last week, I was astonished!  There was a centerfold section about
animal testing, and one of the tests mentioned really got to me.  The
article said that sone car companies actually test their air bags and
safety with FERRETS!  Yes- I'm talking about our weasely cute little
fuzzballs.  Now I'm not sure if this is true.  In fact, that is why I am
writing.  The article said that some car companies (no names were given)
strap ferrets into the seats and send test cars down the road at whatever
pace they feel, and crash the cars into brick walls.  Now come on!  I
don't think that ferrets would be a good test animal for a car.  Actually-
animals shouldn't be tested like that, period.  But think about it, a
ferret is hardly the size of a baby... how could that measure the amount
of damage for a human.  If what I read was true, then that is a worthless
test, and pointless suffering towards ferrets.  The page I was reading was
not the editorials page, and the paper quotes that everything not in the
opinionated sections is fully researched and true.  Still I feel quite
skeptical, because I just cannot imagine something like that going on.  So,
to get to the main question, I'm wondering: Has anyone heard of these kinds
of tests and if so, what car companies perform them?  All responses are
welcome!  Thanx in advance!

Erin and the Wired Weasels
Rocki, Snickers, Vir, Zeus, and Saucey
http://www.maxpages.com/ferretz