From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:05:53 -0400
Dear Serra,

My name is Pie O' Pah. I'm the new kid on the block, or on the Bridge -
as they say, and I was ever so excited to receive not one but two
scrolls from my brother Hobbes. He told me I needed to make certain and
to greet both of these most loved furs kids the best way I could and
with loads of love. Hobbes is a Greeter Courier, and he is one of many
who work up here, but I bet he is the most crabbiest of them all. He
was that way in life and at the Bridge it didn't seem to change, but
has become one of his more endearing qualities. Think of him as kind
of Heavens version of Oscar the grouch from Sesame Street. At any rate
a courier's job is to relay scrolls to the various greeters and let us
know who is on there way. Sometimes we do greetings, like yours, were
they were asked for after the ferret came to the Bridge. It does not
matter when a ferret arrives, only that they do, and that we, as Bridge
Greeters, do our very best to let their mums and dad's know that they
got here and how they are doing.

There are many wonderful places here at the bridge where we are able
to play, relax, eat and even have a chance to see our beloved, earth-
bound families. I read Asher scroll first, and I had to laugh, because
he sounded so much like my brother Simon. He was a big sable boy
himself and always in trouble, and when he was not in trouble, he was
very lazy. So I decided to collect my brother Simon to go on to this
particular greeting. I found him lazying about in the "Comfy Place",
it's this HUGE room that is filled with all manner of furniture that
are recreations of fuzzits most favorite places to sleep and hide their
stash. Simon had on a pair of Ray Bans and was laying flat out on his
back soaking in the sun and curled next to him where two ferrets I had
not met before. When I got right in front of his sunlight, he flipped
those awesome shades up and asked me what was up.

"Well I was going to ask you to come and help me do this greeting but
it looks like you're already busy here with company.", I said

"Dude, I knew you were coming, it's not like you are the only one that
knows that's going on around here.", he smirked and then added," These
guys are a few friends of mine, and of Asher's family. This one is
Patchoulli and the other one is Juniper, you know how easier it is
when there are familiar faces or at least familiar family scents, so
I thought it would help if these two came along .... are we cool???"

What could I say to that?

"Well Asher is not the only fuzzit I have to greet, there is another
and her name is......", I began

"Angel.", finished my brother Tisha. Tisha is a DEW as well, and it
seems to me that whenever a DEW comes our way, he loves to be there to
greet them. It's like there is this whole secret club of DEW's up here
and he's their captain!

"Ok smarty pants. then why don't the five of us get our fuzzy butts
down there and get this greeting done properly!"

The sun was beginning to set as we left the comfy place, and the sky
was filled with beautiful pinks and blues and oranges and gold's. I
don't know about you, but whenever I see a sunset up here I kind of
think of them as God's paintings, and since no two are ever alike,
we are treated to a new work of art each and every evening.

When we got to the Bridge it was already a glow with a shimmering
golden light and we could feel the love that was being sent through.
See while we may leave behind many earthly things when we come to
heaven the one thing we are ALWAYS certain of is this - that the
love we were given and the love we gave and the love we shared comes
with us.

Asher came across first, but we heard him before we saw him, because
there was this whistling noise. When he came across he had that Oscar
Myer wiener whistle between his lips and he was puffing away, in his
left hand he was waving this Minnie Mouse gumball dispenser, and his
right hand was being held by this petite and beatific DEW and she had
this huge squishy football under her arms, and they were both laughing
and giggling and then the next thing I knew they were here, and Juniper
and Patchoulli were dog piling on top of the both of them and telling
them how happy they were to see the both.

After they were properly greeted by Simon, Tisha and myself, they had
plenty to pass on to you and dad. Asher told me to tell you that
everyday, as he laid waiting on the floor in his room he thought about
all of the fun and love you and dad gave to him and how he hoped that
he was able to give to you the love and comfort you needed though the
tough times that you have had. He wanted you to know that he had the
best life ever and that he really misses Pip, but he plans on looking
after him always.

Angel wanted me to tell you that as you sang to her, you gave her the
strength, love and the safety of being able to move on from your
earthly plane to heaven that she is now in the arms of the angels and
you made that possible for her. She also wanted to thank you for the
short trip to the ocean, because it meant that she would have just one
more wonderful memory of you to take with her to the Bridge. Oh and
one more thing, while she *wants* to be sorry for stealing that sandal
she knew that it made you laugh, and yes, she was good enough to put
it back, because she liked showing off just what a smart girl she
really is.

Your were both amazing fur kid parents and they wanted you to know
that no matter where they are, they love you. And one day, when it is
time for you to all be reunited, all of the ferrets who lives that you
touched, will be there waiting for you along with the rest of your
non-fuzzy loved ones.

They are now both in the arms of the angels...

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah