Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 1997 13:28:35 -0500
Does anyone else's ferrets like the taste of tears?

Last Friday was one of the hardest workdays of my life.  I still have my
job, but dealing with office administration, politics, and the ins and outs
of effectively dealing with procedures and the people that do and don't
enforce them... well, I absolutely had my fill of it!

Then on the way home, my old '76 Chevy truck decided to complain.  It ended
up in the shop that night... a rather fitting addendum to the lousiest of
days.  There was only one way to handle it... and it wasn't falling into my
husband's loving arms.  It's not that he doesn't understand.  He
understands.  It's just that he couldn't give me what I needed at that
moment.  Only the dogs and the ferrets could do that, and the dogs just
weren't in the right mood.  But ohhhh!--one can always rely on a ferret.

I went to Mink's and Weasel's bedroom and fell in a heap on the floor.  The
pair of rascals haven't been caged in a long time.  One of them climbed
sleepily out of a pair of jeans.  The other awoke from lounging in the
hamper.  Sensing my despair, the fuzzies went to work.  Mink started on my
face and began furiously licking my eyes, nose, and mouth until I could
barely stand it.  Weasel ran under my clothes and the slinky softness of his
little feet and furry body ran all over my stomach (and the rest of the
story is censored) <-- just kidding!

In only the space of a few minutes, I was transformed from a miserable and
sobbing old lady to a laughing and joyous young girl.  I don't think that I
have ever had such an extreme change of emotions in such a short span of
time.  From feeling the lowest to the absolute highest--and the ferrets get
the credit for it all!

-cadel