From:
Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 21:19:13 -0600
Hi! I'll keep this brief since this list is getting sooooo long lately!

I'm wondering if Greta might have an allergy to one of her toys.  Has
anyone ever had a ferret that was allergic to a specific type of toy or
material?

I haven't put up my tree yet.  Can't seem to get into the spirit of
Chistmas without snow (none in Minneapolis as of yet...maybe I should take
a trip to Phoenix or Las Vegas!)

I finally got a copy of the Annual Ferret Magazine.  I really didn't think
the content of the editors page was out of line other than the wording used
could have been a bit less "vicous" sounding.  I polled some people at work
about it and most, who own animals, didn't think it was any big deal-if you
love animals, you understand that babies (of most species) nip and are
willing to deal with it.  Non-animal people polled said they would not
consider a ferret as a pet if it nipped.  We don't want those people to own
ferrets, anyway.  right?  The rest of the magazine was very good (with the
exception of a few misleading photos).

This "shelter" discussion seems to be turning into a finger-pointing,
accusing, emotional attack on each other.  Nothing will be gained by doing
this.  The issue is about how each shelter can learn better ways of caring
and finding good homes for their ferrets.  That is everyones goal, right?
Lets keep the goal in mind when discussing this ( in a rational,
unemotional, non-defensive way, as hard as that may be).

Christmas is around the corner and we should be grateful that there are
wonderful, caring people who are willing to take in homeless, sick and
otherwise, unwanted ferrets when no one else will.  We should also be
thankful that we have each other to get constructive ideas and support in
order to make our fuzzies' lives the best they can be. :o)   (So much for
keeping this brief!)

Happy holidays and a very merry Christmas to all fuzzies and their
caregivers!

Barb and the ever-lovin' fuzzies, Lucy & Greta