Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:36:00 -0500
Hello all of my wonderful loving ferret lovers,

I am back from going to my daughter's wedding in Toronto,Canada..brrrrrrrr
its freezing there<grin>

I came back and picked up my three babies whom I left with Kim from KiSta
ferret shelter and she took wonderful care of all the babies..  Bandit is
the one with insulinoma and is on prednisone now at .5 cc's..well he had a
seizure while at the shelter and then had one late yesterday afternoon...
I immeadiately called my new vet Dr. Michael Weiss here in New Jersey and
was told he wants to change Bandits medicine to a more expensive one..The
one single bottle will cost me over $130..and being out of work due to my
shoulder injury I just do not have that kind of money right now..I am
heartsick today.  I dont want my beloved Bandit to not receive the new
medicine and am going to be calling my vet today to see why Bandit cannot
stil be on prednisone and have his dosage increased...It seems that in four
weeks whatever dosage he is on he has a seizure and then I call the vet to
tell him and the vet told me to increase his dosage..That is why I called
yesterday when Bandit was having another seizure..  I just wanted to get my
vets permission to increase the doasage..Now I was imformed otherwise and I
just dont have that kind of money each month..What can I do??  I am sick
over this whole thing..  On one hand I want the very best for Bandit yet I
understand there is no cure for insulinoma and that all the medicine in the
world will not cure him..it will just prolong having seizures..maybe..the
vet said he doesnt know if the new medicne will even help Bandit..That is
why I am so torn as to what I should do..So I am going to ask anyone whose
ferret has or had insulinoma and was on prednisone for two months and saw
that their ferret was having seizures still if they began to use another
kind of medicine..  I do not know what it is or the name as my vet has not
told me..All I was told yesterday from the vet tech was the doctor wants to
try a very expensive new medince..It was up to me if I wanted to spend over
$130 for one bottle..I told her I would have to call her back because first
off Bandit was going thru a seizure and I really could not think clearly to
make that kind of decision..  Please dont think ill of me but what does one
do when they cannot afford expensive medication that you dont even know
will help?  I am so sick over this whole decision I have to make before the
end of this week..

Right now Bandit since last nite was eating drinking and playing as if
nothing had happened to him..

Please feel free to email me if you have gone thru having to make this
very hard and difficult decision..Please dont flame me because I am not
wealthy..  I did have $1,000 saved for medical emmergencies for my three
ferrets but that is all gone from the Tennessee Adrenal Pannel,blood tests,
x-rays,surgery this past November and yet more blood testing and yet more
x-rays..  and then the prednisone each month which is $16 a bottle.I just
dont have $130 or more for this new medicine and the vet does not even know
if it will make any diffference for Bandit..

Thanks for letting me ramble on I am so upset I hope this post makes
sense..  Its hard knowing your beloved ferret is on borrowed time...

hugs to all the ferrets and prayers to all the babies that are ill,
Michele and Bandit
~To touch someone....You must first touch their heart~