From:
Monica Maples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 14:34:40 -0800
Ok, it is my turn to ask for help from all the wonderful people here!  About
two weeks ago, one of my boys (1 year old) started having these episodes of
paroxysmal coughing/hacking.  After the standard obstruction treatment
failed (several doses of petromalt every few hours) I took him to the vet.
Xrays showed the lungs clear and no visible obstructions.  He was put on
Clavamox and Decaron.  For a while it was better, but didn't resolve, so
today he had a bronchoscopy and the vet found a plaque at the base of the
trachea.  He said it may be an inflamatory reaction or a tumor.  At this
point he is unsure.  Nibbles is being put on Prednisone and we just have to
"wait and see how he does".  Anyone who has any experience with tracheal
plaques/tumors etc, PLEASE send me all the information you can.  He has thus
far lost 3/4 of a pound.  He will drink willingly watered down duck soap,
but doesn't want to have much to do with solid or semi-solid foods.  I want
to do everything I can to care for my little furball, so any help would be
greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Monica (Worried Mom)
Nibbles (I don't want to go to the vet AGAIN!)
Pan (Can I have his raisins, since he doesn't want them??)
Pandora (If I cough a lot, can I get some of that soup stuff?)
Cleo (Why does he get to stay in the other room with you all the time?)