From:
Tracy McAlpine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:02:57 -0400
>I am having to move into a really small space for a few months, or
>maybe a year. My two ferrets are, of course, coming with me. However,
>the space cannot be ferret-proofed, so they cannot be given free-roam
>time the way they're used to... Any ideas on what I can put in it to
>give them extra mental and physical stimulation? Also, anything I
>might be able to put in their cage to help?...

I do not recommend accepting the sand from your friend as it can
scratch ferret eyes.

I do recommend using or getting leashes. That way you can walk them
around inside or out and they can get more exercise than the playpens
allow.

One idea you may want to consider is using the metal portions of a
Marshalls play pen to block areas that are not ferret safe. My husband
used the metal portions fastened to the walls with screws to block our
kids from areas we do not want them to visit. The walls can be left in
place or taken down when the ferrets are not out of their cages.